Wednesday, April 23, 2008

33 Weeks - Bigger and Bigger

Boy, they are not kidding when they say you and the baby really start growing after 7 months. The last two weeks have been a time of growth (4 more lbs) and I am surprised to see myself in the mirror.

My first baby shower was loads of fun and it was so great to see all my family. It is amazing to me how mothers dont forget their birth stories. I think the details of pregnancy blur over time, but labor is something people remember. I have two more showers this weekend and I am looking forward to them. When the Dr. told me that I might have the baby early, I was hoping I would make it to be able to see my friends and family at the showers. I am doing so much better with the contractions, so I am not worried.

I signed up for a breastfeeding class in two weeks. I thought it might be helpful to talk to a professional before I give it a try. Cant hurt I guess. I also started packing the bags for the hospital. I really just have the labor bag 1/2 way packed. I will have to get a few things for the hospital stay bag.

The nursery is almost done. I should have pictures up soon. And thanks to the shower, we have more of the necessary items than I thought we would by now.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Since you are getting bigger and bigger, where are the pictures? :)

Don't let the doctor fool you. My sister in law had dilated 3 cm several weeks before her due date and my nephew was late. Go figure.

Good luck with it all!

Laura Sullivan

Norman Family said...

Page, I can't wait to see the nursery photos. I am so thrilled for you, and I love the name Olive!