Monday, December 31, 2007

Meet My New Friend, My Appetite

17 weeks marks the beginning of a new era, the era of the clean plate. My appetite has really increased this last week and on more than one occation I have surprised Brian by finishing a rather large meal. The baby is entering a big growth phase and it needs more food. It also really likes pickles. It sounds so common, but they do taste good. I blame Bri. We ate some really good BBQ on the way home from Christmas, and they made their own pickles. Very yummy. Now I am hooked. Usually these food phases dont last too long.

This week the baby is 5 inches and 5 ounces about the size of a turnip they say. That is one big turnip. I am excited to see the baby on the ultrasound next week.

I am feeling pretty good. I am just having a little growing pains when I move too suddenly or get up or lie down. I have taken today off. I have been mentally putting lots of things (starting the nursery, registering, etc) off to the new year and today is my last day to do that. It is also interesting to think about 2008 being the year of the baby. Lots of changes ahead.

No comments: